Sunday 8 September 2013

My first impressions: Pooja

9th June 2013- the day it all started

"Hey Mom" I was just back after meeting my friend. "You look beautiful!Where are you headed to??". And here comes my mom's same old reply, "told you about that guy, going to meet his family". AArgh not again, but you know what by now I have become immune to the idea that my parents going to meet some xyz guy's family and think about if to pursue further. "Ok byee" with least interest to even ask what is the location they are headed to. And I sit back on my couch to surf my favorite pastime idiot box Television. 

Hours later, they come back. "Mom am hungry, what are we going to have today?? something exotic right!?". My mom was just back meeting that family and got haunted by my question to ask on food and not how were things. She, knowing me, started with her own self . "Pooja family is really good and we really liked them" - All families are good at the first go Mom, remember the last one. In the end all boil down to same old things. "Rather family is almost like ours". Now this is the new thing that you're talking. "His dadi is also from Narela [my granny also happens to be from Narela]". Oh good nice connection, Amma would be really happy. "According to them guy is very good, his dadi was like my son is very handsome and well qualified, a great guy to be with". So what, to all parents their child is best in the whole world.

"Pooja, he is settled in USA" -- MOM I have told you I hate states and on top of that these NRI larke. "No No we've told in first place that our girl would never want to settle there". Good for you else I'd have taken a class of this guy. BTW what was there answer. "Even this guy also doesn't wants to. Their younger son has outwardly said to never return to homeland but the elder brother wants to", ummmm ya whatever.

"Achcha mom I was thinking shall I do some shopping for my London trip, I mean I have applied I don't know when would visa come. What say". "Yups darling we'll see". I was just trying to change the topic of discussion. And then we resumed all our mother-daughter talks and some family things.


10th June 2013, Monday morning

I reached office and tried to gather what exactly is in store for me this week. Any new appointments, client calls. Check. Then as usual my phone rings 'MOM calling'. No matter whatever happen in this world but she never miss the call of calling me after I reach office to check if I reached safely. Love you for this, and this makes me think all over again if there is any guy on this planet who can love me more than you love. Naah. "Hi Mom" "did you had breakfast" "yes" "how are you" "good" (morning we said bye to each other, just difference is she leaves early than I do) "Okay Pooja, the guy I told you about yesterday" "ya now what happened" "Nothing sweetie" "he would mail you so please at least talk to him naa" "Mom I will but I told you chances are bleak" "just talk to him once, what's harm in that" "ya ya I'll see, chalo bye I have work" "bye baby"

Some time off the work, I thought of opening my gmail to check some personal mails if any. Oh now to my surprise what do I see.

There is someone's mail saying:




Fwd: profile of yr son on jeevan saathi
Matrimonial <scgupta75@gmail.com>                                                                                                                 
 to gautumaskgoyalmeamita

Gautum

As briefed, Pooja's parents visited us today evening.
We will like you to call and talk to Pooja on 9873590400 or google video chat
This weekend or at your mutual convenience.

My first reaction was "which picture of mine my dad has sent across, let me have a look" "ohho there ain't picture, so forget it, now what".

Evening mails check and there was a mail from some Gautum Gupta. To me it looked more like an official mail in my personal mailbox.

Hi Pooja,

This is Gautum. I hope you are healthy and doing well. Our parents had met regarding our matrimonial proposal. Can we speak sometime over phone next weekend? Anytime Saturday or Sunday will work for me.


Thanks,
Gautum

Ok dude, what are you trying to be. Extra polite! Why? A bit chivalrous! that too why? Or a typical engineer! Yes :/. Bete now see how Pooja would play her cards. I also replied in the same official manner with a minor test hidden.


Hi Gautum,

Good to hear from you. I am okay anytime, Saturday or Sunday.

If you are comfortable to talk during day by Indian time, it would be great.

Take care.
Pooja

Catch was I didn't wanted to talk to this guy during night, knowing this suits for him as it would be a daytime for this chap. Moreover if you have displayed yourself to be some extra-polite, chivalrous, mannered guy. Bring it on. I am no less either. Decent girls don't talk to strange guys late at night. So if you want to chat with me then you happen to do it by Indian daytime. Probably he might be testing me as well, who knows.

Let's see if he is intelligent enough to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment